President Trump understands that he is President of the United States, not the world. While Democrats are closing out 2019 obsessed with impeachment, President Trump is securing a series of wins for the America First agenda on multiple fronts:
- Wall Street Journal | Trump’s ‘America First’ Trade Vision Comes Into Focus on Three Fronts
- The President secured congressional approval of the USMCA, a significant “rewrite of the nation’s largest trade deal” that finally puts American workers first.
- The President is “securing an unusual Chinese pledge to boost imports of U.S. goods.”
- The President also secured a victory at the World Trade Organization that will help “coerce America’s trading partners to the bargaining table.”
- “Combined, the efforts show an approach toward U.S. trading partners and multinationals that is focused more on pressuring companies to produce domestically and sell American-made goods abroad…”
The USMCA is a particularly huge victory for American dairy farmers, who are unfairly disadvantaged by Canada under the old rules:
- Washington Post: “Trump tweeted often about how unfair he thought it was that Canada charged such high tariffs on U.S. dairy products… U.S. farmers will be able to sell more “Class 7” dairy products to Canada, everything from milk powder to ice cream. The USMCA also allows more sales of U.S. eggs and turkeys to Canada.”
- Wall Street Journal | Got Trade? Dairy Farmers Stand to Gain From the USMCA
Meanwhile, thanks to President Trump’s leadership, illegal immigration at the southern border is plummeting:
- Washington Post: “The number of people U.S. authorities took into custody fell nearly 6 percent from October to November, to 42,649, the latest figures show. Arrests have dropped 70 percent since May, when U.S. authorities detained 144,116 amid a record influx of Central American families.”
While the Democrats continue to fight for one thing—impeachment by any means necessary—President Trump is fighting for the American people.
Via Donald J. Trump for President