The Facts: adam schiff lies
REP. ADAM SCHIFF, THE HOUSE’S LEAD IMPEACHMENT MANAGER, HAS REPEATEDLY LIED TO THE AMERICAN PUBLIC
- On January 15, 2020, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi named Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) the lead impeachment manager for the impeachment trial in the Senate.
- Schiff pushed the fake Steele Dossier as credible and corroborated.
- The dossier has been thoroughly debunked with the most recent IG report highlighting it as full of inaccuracies, embellishments and internet rumors.
- Schiff repeatedly said there was clear evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
- On March 24, 2019, the Department of Justice released the top line results of the Mueller investigation which found that no one in the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia
- On February 5, 2018, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) released a memo pushing back against any allegations of FISA abuse by the FBI.
- In December 2019, the Department of Justice released a report which showed there were numerous errors and omissions in the FISA applications used to surveil the Trump Campaign.
- Schiff repeatedly denied he had prior contact with the whistleblower at the heart of the impeachment inquiry
- In front of Congress, Rep. Adam Schiff made up his own version of a phone call between President Trump and the President of Ukraine rather than read the transcript.
REP. ADAM SCHIFF PUSHED THE DEBUNKED STEELE DOSSIER AS CREDIBLE AND CORROBORATED adam schiff lies
Speaker Of The House, Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Named Rep. Adam Schiff Lead Impeachment Manager Overseeing The Members Arguing The Democrats’ Case Against President Trump
On January 15, 2020, Speaker Of The House Nancy Pelosi Named Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) The Lead Impeachment Manager. “Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday named House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) the ‘lead’ impeachment manager who will oversee the members arguing the Democrats’ case against President Trump during the Senate trial.” ( The Hill , 01/15/20)
Schiff Pushed The Fake Steele Dossier As Credible And Corroborated
Schiff: “A Lot” Of Christopher Steele’s Dossier Has Been Corroborated. SCHIFF: “I can’t answer that. I certainly would have liked to know who paid for it earlier, but nonetheless, that’s just one factor to be considered. It doesn’t answer the ultimate question, which is how much of the work is accurate, how much of it is true? And my colleagues don’t seem particularly interested in that question, but that is really the most important question for the American people, and that is how much of this allegation that Christopher Steele makes and the reports that he hears, are true about the Russian government wanting to help the Trump campaign? Now, a lot of that has been corroborated.” (ABC’s, “This Week,” 11/29/17)
“It Just Doesn’t Add Up To Me,” Why People Are Discrediting The Steele Dossier And Christopher Steele. SCHIFF: “So I think this is a bit of an effort to discredit Christopher Steele, discredit the dossier, ignore how much of it has been corroborated already, and ignore the fact that the intelligence community is operating from a broad array of sources as a way of basically calling this all a hoax. And it just doesn’t add up to me.” (CNN’s “New Day,” 10/26/17)
The Dossier Has Been Thoroughly Debunked And Full Of Inaccuracies, Embellishments And Internet Rumor
Rolling Stone: “‘Corroboration Zero’: An Inspector General’s Report Reveals the Steele Dossier Was Always a Joke” ( Rolling Stone ,12/10/19)
“Steele In His ‘Reports’ Embellished His Sources’ Quotes, Played Up Nonexistent Angles, Invented Attributions And Ignored Inconsistencies.” “Steele in his “reports” embellished his sources’ quotes, played up nonexistent angles, invented attributions, and ignored inconsistencies. The FBI then transplanted this bad reporting in the form of a warrant application and an addendum to the Intelligence Assessment that included the Steele material, ignoring a new layer of inconsistencies and red flags its analysts uncovered in the review process.” ( Rolling Stone ,12/10/19)
“Anybody who touched this nonsense in print should be embarrassed.” “No matter what people think the political meaning of the Horowitz report might be, reporters who read it will know: Anybody who touched this nonsense in print should be embarrassed.” ( Rolling Stone ,12/10/19)
SCHIFF REPEATEDLY PEDDLED THE COLLUSION HOAX BETWEEN THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN AND RUSSIA
Schiff Repeatedly Said There Was Clear Evidence Of Collusion Between The Trump Campaign And Russia
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA): “Well, Look, There’s Clear Evidence Of An Attempt To Collude.” REPRESENTATIVE ADAM SCHIFF (D-CA): “Well, look, there’s clear evidence of an attempt to collude. The Russians offered the campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton.” CNN’s WOLF BLITZER: “Then set up the meeting at Trump Tower.” (CNN’s “The Situation Room” 12/14/17)
Schiff: “…But There’s Also Evidence Of Collusion Itself…” SCHIFF: “Then set up the meeting and the reaction from the campaign, the very highest levels was we would love to have that help. And so there’s clearly an attempt to collude in terms of the receipt of dirt on Hillary Clinton essentially opposition research from the Russians but there’s also evidence of collusion itself, or clear evidence beyond intent when it came to Mike Flynn colluding with the Russians to essentially nullify or undermine the sanctions that were imposed over the Russia meddling.” (CNN’s “The Situation Room,” 12/14/17)
Schiff: There Is Already, In My View, Ample Evidence In The Public Domain On The Issue Of Collusion If You’re Willing To See It” “‘There is already, in my view, ample evidence in the public domain on the issue of collusion if you’re willing to see it,’ Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif, told reporters at a newsmaker breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor. ‘If you want to blind yourself, then you can look the other way.'” ( USA Today , 02/14/18)
On March 24, 2019, The Department Of Justice Released The Top Line Results Of The Mueller Investigation Which Found That No One In The Trump Campaign Or Anyone Associated With It Conspired Or Coordinated With Russia
The Department Of Justice Reported The Special Counsel’s Investigation “Did Not Find That The Trump Campaign Or Anyone Associated With It Conspired Or Coordinated With Russia In Its Efforts To Influence The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election. ” “The Special Counsel’s investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election. As the report states: ‘[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.'” (Office Of The Attorney General “Letter Summarizing Mueller Investigation” Department Of Justice , 03/24/19)
- The Special Counsel’s Investigation Did Not Find That The Trump Campaign Or Anyone Associated With It Conspired Or Coordinated With The Internet Research Agency To Conduct Disinformation Or Interfere With The Election. “As noted above, the Special Counsel did not find that any U.S. person or Trump campaign official or associate conspired or knowingly coordinated with the IRA in its efforts, although the Special Counsel brought criminal charges against a number of Russian nationals and entities in connection with these activities.” (Office Of The Attorney General “Letter Summarizing Mueller Investigation” Department Of Justice , 03/24/19)
- The Special Counsel’s Investigation Did Not Find That The Trump Campaign Or Anyone Associated With It Conspired Or Coordinated With The Russian Government To Hack Into Computers Affiliated With The Clinton Campaign And Democratic Organizations. “Based on these activities, the Special Counsel brought criminal charges against a number of Russian military officers for conspiring to hack into computers in the United States for purposes of influencing the election. But as noted above, the Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.” (Office Of The Attorney General “Letter Summarizing Mueller Investigation” Department Of Justice , 03/24/19)
SCHIFF’S 2018 MEMO DEFENDING THE FBI’S FISA ABUSE HAS NOW BEEN COMPLETELY DEBUNKED IN THE WAKE OF A DOJ INSPECTOR GENERAL’S REPORT
On February 5, 2018, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) Released A Memo Pushing Back Against Allegations Of FISA Abuse By The FBI In Their Surveillance Of The Trump Campaign
On Monday, February 5, 2018, The HPSCI Voted To Release A Memo Written By Minority Staff Rebutting Allegations Of FISA Abuse Made By GOP Members Of The Committee. “The House Intelligence Committee voted unanimously Monday evening to make public the Democratic memo rebutting GOP allegations that the FBI abused surveillance laws, the committee’s top Democrat said, a move that will put the issue back on President Donald Trump’s desk this week.” ( CNN , 02/06/18)
The Minority Memo Was Written By HPSCI Ranking Member Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) And Was Meant To Push Back Against The Republican Memo That Alleged The FBI Abused The FISA Application Process. “The classified memo from Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, is written to push back against the central allegations of the Republican memo from Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes. Nunes’ memo was released Friday and alleges the FBI abused the FISA process in obtaining a surveillance warrant on former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page.” ( CNN , 02/06/18)
Schiff’s Memo Stated: “FBI and DOJ Officials Did Not Abuse The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Process, Omit Material Information, Or Subvert This Vital Tool To Spy On The Trump Campaign.” ( House Minority FISA Memo , 01/29/18)
In December 2019, The Department Of Justice Released A Report Which Found Numerous Errors In The FISA Applications Used To Surveil The Trump Campaign
In August 2016, The FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Team Opened Individual Cases Against Four U.S. Persons Affiliated With The Trump Campaign. “Based upon this analysis, the Crossfire Hurricane team opened individual cases in August 2016 on four U.S. persons Papadopoulos, Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and Michael Flynn- all of whom were affiliated with the Trump campaign at the time the cases were opened.” ( Department Of Justice , Accessed 12/09/19)
In A Report Released Today, The Department Of Justice Office Of Inspector General Found At Least 17 Significant Errors Or Omissions In The FIA Applications Made By The Crossfire Hurricane Team Resulting From “Case Agents Providing Wrong Or Incomplete Information.” “We identified at least 17 significant errors or omissions in the Carter Page FISA applications, and many additional errors in the Woods Procedures. These errors and omissions resulted from case agents providing wrong or incomplete information to OI and failing to flag important issues for discussion.” ( Department Of Justice , Accessed 12/09/19)
The OIG Report: “Agents And Supervisors Did Not Give Appropriate Attention Or Treatment To The Facts That Cut Against Probable Cause, Or Reassess The Information Supporting Probably Cause As The Investigation Progressed.” “Further, the failure to update OI on all significant case developments relevant to the FISA applications led us to conclude that the agents and supervisors did not give appropriate attention or treatment to the facts that cut against probable cause, or reassess the information supporting probable cause as the investigation progressed.” ( Department Of Justice , Accessed 12/09/19)
- There Were Multiple Instances When Factual Assertions Relied Upon The First FISA Applications, Which Were Inaccurate Based Upon Information The FBI Had. “We identified multiple instances in which factual assertions relied upon in the first FISA application were inaccurate, incomplete, or unsupported by appropriate documentation, based upon information the FBI had in its possession at the time the application was filed.” ( Department Of Justice , Accessed 12/09/19)
The Failures By The Investigation Team Prevented The Office Of Investigations To Fully Perform Its “Gatekeeper Function And Deprived The Decision Makers.” “These failures prevented OI from fully performing its gatekeeper function and deprived the decision makers.” ( Department Of Justice , Accessed 12/09/19)
SCHIFF LIED ABOUT NOT COORDINATING OR PREVIOUSLY MEETING WITH THE WHISTLEBLOWER
Rep. Adam Schiff Repeatedly Denied He Had Prior Contact With The Whistleblower At The Heart Of The Impeachment Inquiry
On MSNBC’s Morning Joe On September 17, Schiff Said “We Have Not Spoken Directly With The Whistleblower. We Would Like To.” “‘We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower. We would like to.’ – Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), in an interview with MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe,’ Sept. 17” ( The Washington Post , 10/04/19)
- “He Compounded His Falsehood By Telling Reporters A Few Days Later That If Not For The IG’s Office, The Committee Would Not Have Known About The Complaint.” “He compounded his falsehood by telling reporters a few days later that if not for the IG’s office, the committee would not have known about the complaint.” ( The Washington Post , 10/04/19)
The New York Times Later Reported That Schiff’s Committee Had Met With The Whistleblower Before The Complaint Had Been Made Public
The New York Times Reported That The Whistleblower Approached A House Intelligence Committee Aid With His Concerns. “The C.I.A. officer approached a House Intelligence Committee aide with his concerns about Mr. Trump only after he had had a colleague first convey them to the C.I.A.’s top lawyer. ” ( The New York Times , 10/02/19)
The Washington Post Gave Schiff Four Pinocchios For His Answer On Morning Joe That They Had Not Spoken Directly With The Whistleblower. “But Schiff on ‘Morning Joe’ clearly made a statement that was false. He now says he was answering the wrong question, but if that was the case, he should have quickly corrected the record. He compounded his falsehood by telling reporters a few days later that if not for the IG’s office, the committee would not have known about the complaint. That again suggested there had been no prior communication. The explanation that Schiff was not sure it was the same whistleblower especially strains credulity. Schiff earns Four Pinocchio’s.” ( The Washington Post , 10/04/19)
DURING THE IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS, SCHIFF FAKED HIS OWN VERSION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP’S JULY 25TH PHONE CALL IN A RIDICULOUS STUNT THAT HE LATER SAID WAS “PARODY”
During The Impeachment Hearings, Rep. Adam Schiff Made Up His Own Version Of A Phone Call Between President Trump And The President Of Ukraine Rather Than Read The Transcript
The Federalist: “Adam Schiff Makes Up His Own Transcript Of Call Between Trump And Ukraine President” ( The Federalist , 09/26/19)
“The Chairman Of The House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., Made Up His Own Version Of A Transcript Between President Donald Trump And His Ukrainian Counterpart To Fit The False Narrative Being Peddled By Democrats.” “The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., made up his own version of a transcript between President Donald Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart to fit the false narrative being peddled by Democrats and many in the media to frame the president for a crime that never happened.” ( The Federalist , 09/26/19)
“ Later In The Hearing, Schiff Admitted That His Fictional Account Of The Transcript Was A “Parody.” “Later in the hearing, Schiff admitted that his fictional account of the transcript was a ‘parody.'” ( The Federalist , 09/26/19)
Schiff: “My Summary Of The President’s Call Was Meant To Be At Least Part In Parody ” “‘My summary of the president’s call was meant to be at least part in parody,” Schiff tried to clarify. ‘Of course the president never said if I – if you don’t understand me, I’ll say it seven more times.'” ( The Federalist , 09/26/19)
“Schiff’s Remarks Did Make It Easy For Viewers To Get Confused.” “Still, Schiff’s remarks did make it easy for viewers to get confused. He did not make clear which words he was taking directly from Trump’s comments in the rough transcript, which words were his own analysis, and which words were meant to be the comedic ‘parody’ he later said he was intending.” ( CNN , 09/27/19)
Via the Republican National Committee adam schiff lies adam schiff lies adam schiff lies adam schiff lies adam schiff lies adam schiff lies