Joe Biden has been “wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” as his former Secretary of Defense said. Now Biden is trying to rewrite history. biden’s lies
In recent days, he’s told lie after lie to voters, all the while refusing to give straight answers to simple questions like, “was the killing of Soleimani an ‘assassination’?”
Here are 6 recent lies from Joe Biden about foreign policy:
BIDEN’S LIE: Biden said Friday that the United States’ response to Iran killing an American and wounding U.S. troops over Christmas and then attacking U.S. Embassy Baghdad had put an “extremely dangerous problem that our administration had solved and put on the back burner, back on the table.”
- THE TRUTH: The claim that the Obama-Biden Administration “solved” the problem of Iran is absurd. President Obama admitted that down the road his Iran nuclear deal would have allowed the rogue regime to build the bomb almost instantly. As the deal was being finalized, Iran took 10 American sailors hostage. After the deal was done, Iran continued its provocations against U.S. military assets throughout 2016, accompanied by chants of “death to America!”
BIDEN’S LIE: Biden told the Des Moines Register that he “argued from the very beginning, there’s no nation building. There’s been no nation building there for five centuries.”
- THE TRUTH: In October 2001, before the U.S. military had even arrived in Afghanistan, Biden was eager to nation build. As CNN reported at the time, after meeting with Colin Powell, then-Senator Biden was set to propose “legislation for a long-term reconstruction and development plan in Central and South Asia following any military campaign against Afghanistan…. [The plan will be] similar in nature to the Marshall Plan’s reconstruction of Europe after World War II … [and] would cover Afghanistan and the Central Asian countries, including Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan, as well as Pakistan.”
BIDEN’S LIE: At a Saturday rally in Iowa, Biden once again repeated his false claim that he opposed the war in Iraq “from the very moment” President George W. Bush launched it.
4. al Qaeda
BIDEN’S LIE: On Friday, Biden said “I didn’t” when asked by a reporter whether he counseled President Obama not to launch the 2011 raid against Osama bin Laden.
- THE TRUTH: In 2012, Biden told the story of how he counseled Obama “don’t go.” This version of events is corroborated by President Obama himself and at least 6 other Obama Administration officials. In 2015, Biden changed his story. As even CNN’s Daniel Dale pointed out Saturday, “In Biden’s 2012 account, he said he thought he owed Obama a firm opinion at a key group meeting, and had said ‘don’t go’ before doing more intel work. In Biden’s 2015 account, he’d said he’d never give Obama a firm opinion at a group meeting, so waited, and said ‘go’ in private. … Biden’s 2012 and 2015 accounts are incompatible.”
BIDEN’S LIE: Asked about President Trump fulfilling a campaign promise and moving the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, Biden said, “I wouldn’t have done it in the first place.”
- THE TRUTH: As a Senator, Biden backed numerous pieces of legislation that supported both moving the embassy and recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. In 2008, Biden said “it’s been my position for years.”
BIDEN’S LIE: Biden claimed that “Nobody warned me about a potential conflict of interest” when his son Hunter joined the board of corrupt Ukrainian gas company Burisma.
- THE TRUTH: We know multiple Obama Administration officials were sounding the alarm about Hunter selling his family’s influence. If Biden was completely unaware of this, why did he tell Hunter, “I hope you know what you are doing”?
– @MattWolking, Deputy Communications Director for Rapid Response
Via Donald J. Trump for President biden’s lies biden’s lies