An anti-illegal immigrant Trump campaign ad that CNN labeled “racist” has been pulled from both NBC and Fox News and will no longer air on either network.
The ad featured courtroom footage of Luis Bracamontes, an illegal immigrant who killed two sheriff’s deputies in California in 2014.
During his sentencing, Bracamontes repeatedly smiled at the families of the victims and expressed joy that he had killed the sheriffs. He vowed to “break out soon and kill more.”
“Democrats let him into our country,” the text reads over the footage. “Democrats let him stay.”
“Who else would Democrats let in?”
The ad was designed to warn voters that it is Democrat policies that allow people like this into the country, allow them to stay, and suggests that someone like Bracamontes could be amongst the current caravans threatening our country.
Do you want more BRACAMONTES IN U.S.A.? pic.twitter.com/DKokuOumqV
— RudyCOVFEFE (@ChakalRudy) November 3, 2018
CNN Says It’s Racist
Pointing out that criminals could be coming in with illegal migrants embedded within the caravan is not racist. It’s a common sense concern.
But CNN, who viewed the ad and determined the portrayal of an evil man compared to the caravan members, some of whom are reportedly from MS-13 hotbeds, and some of whom have used weapons on law enforcement, must be racist.
“CNN has made it abundantly clear in its editorial coverage that this ad is racist,” the communications team tweeted. “When presented with an opportunity to be paid to take a version of this ad, we declined. Those are the facts.”
Those aren’t the facts, that is pure opinion. And a network deciding not to air a paid advertisement based on opinion is a concept only reserved for Republicans.
NBC and Fox Fell For It
Both NBC and Fox News issued statements today saying they were pulling the ad which had aired on their respective networks previously.
“After further review we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have decided to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible,” a spokesperson for NBC said.
Fox followed suit …
That racist Trump ad WAS running on Fox News, but not anymore: “Upon further review, FOX News pulled the ad yesterday and it will not appear on either FOX News Channel or FOX Business Network,” ad sales president Marianne Gambelli says. https://t.co/BJWKspmiwM
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) November 5, 2018
They fell for CNN’s fictitious garbage. Why both networks would follow the lead of another, much lower-rated competitor like CNN is a mystery.
They Don’t Ban Democrat Ads
Banning ads that networks don’t agree with is something the Democrat party will rarely have to endure, no matter how over the top the rhetoric is, no matter how devoid of facts.
Remember when they aired commercials depicting Paul Ryan throwing grandma off a cliff?
— JonAndJoeInIndy ??️?? (@JonAndJoeInIndy) December 29, 2016
Then there was an ad by a Virginia Democrat that compared President Trump to Osama Bin Laden.
Main stream media outlets refusing to run Trump’s immigrant caravan ad but I am not aware of a single outlet that refused to run an ad by a Democrat comparing Trump to Bin Laden https://t.co/RavQz8oL2J
— Chris Barron (@ChrisRBarron) November 5, 2018
Perfectly acceptable to networks like CNN and NBC.
“After 9/11, the greatest threat to our democracy lived in a cave; today he lives in the White House,” Dan Helmer says in the ad, a view shared by others in the party.
These ads were never pulled. Networks never voiced their opinion on them, and they were hardly even denounced outside of conservative circles.
Yet CNN can claim a hyperbolic ad about illegal immigration is racist and every major network goes running. Is it any wonder the country views today’s media as the most divisive entity in America. There is no level playing field.
Read more at the Political Insider