>>> The NRA went on the offensive at CPAC blaming the FBI for the massacre in parkland and also the media.

>> Many in legacy media love mass shootings. You guys love it. Now, I’m not saying that you love the tragedy, but I am saying that you love the ratings. Crying white mothers are ratings gold to you, many in the legacy media in the back.

>> Here to discuss that and more is Dana Loesch, the NRA’s national spokesperson. Dana, before we start, I do want to once again tell you how much we appreciated you coming to the CNN town hall. We know you didn’t have to do that, and we appreciate you accepting that invitation and being there for that really important conversation.

>> Alisyn, thank you for having me this morning. I went to that — I knew it wasn’t going to be easy and I went back I wanted to offer solutions. I’m also outraged about all of this. I’m also a parent, and I’m very concerned with the way that protocol when conducting red flag checks and processing all of that, I’m concerned about all of that. That’s why I want to get to the bottom of it. I want to offer solutions and see how we can partner together to stop it. That’s why I showed up and that’s why I wanted to hear.

>> Okay, great. Let’s get to that. Let’s start with the sound bite we just played of you at CPAC. You say many in the media love mass shootings, you guys love it, you love the ratings, crying white mothers are ratings gold to you. So Dana, why would you say — why would you make a statement like that?

>> Because it’s true.

>> You think we love mass shootings?

>> I said many, not all.

>> Who, who loves mass shootings?

>> Many in the media do because they like the ratings aspect of it, and it’s true because it’s wall-to-wall coverage. They put the murderer’s face up on loop, on televisions all across America more than they discuss the victims or survivors. That individual’s name has been mentioned and is still mentioned on your network. Alisyn, I want to say something really quickly. I think Jake Tapper did an admirable job. I think he ultimately lost control. I have a lot of respect for Jake. I think it was a tough spot he was in also, but I do think maybe perhaps the way the network was hosting this discussion, it didn’t seem that the network perhaps intended for it to be geared towards discussing solutions. I get it, emotions are high. It’s awful. Barely a week ago, but I really want to have that discussion as to what we can do to stop this in the future.

>> Of course. That’s why we had the town hall. That’s why we had lawmakers there, so that the kids could pose questions directly to them. Dana, it’s just malicious actually that you would say that. I don’t know anybody in the media who likes mass shootings, you’re wrong on every single level. We pray that there’s never another one. The idea of them being ratings gold — hold on, Dana. You just made a malicious statement. I have to respond. Guess what, they’re not ratings gold. Americans have reached saturation level. They’re so sick of it.

>> I hope they have.

>> It’s so heartbreaking that they actually often turn away and we still have the conversation trying to find solutions.

>> You’re saying that it’s malicious.

>> It is.

>> You’re saying it’s malicious, yet on your network you’ve allowed accusations against me and millions of law abiding Americans to be indicted as child murderers.

>> We’ve never said that, Dana.

>> You allowed it to stand uncorrected on your network.

>> That’s not true, Dana.

>> I don’t want to —

>> We have to be facts-based.

>> You’ve allowed the accusations to stand, Alisyn. Please follow what I’m saying.

>> I don’t believe you. I don’t believe you.

>> You’ve done nothing to correct it. That’s malicious.