A new national poll released by Monmouth University reveals that people in all parts of the country, from every political persuasion, universally agree that New York State is number one … in political corruption schadeformulieren autoen.
Indeed, the state with the Assembly that led one prominent reporter to call it the “most sexually abusive workplace in the nation, the state who has had all “three men in the room” who control government under federal investigation in some manner, and the state where corruption is so prevalent that they’re considering building a museum to commemorate it, is finally getting its due spotify with lte download.
New Yorkers can finally say “We’re number one” at something.
— MonmouthPoll (@MonmouthPoll) April 16, 2015
Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute in West Long Branch, explains that “When it comes to political corruption, it seems the entire country is in a New York state of mind.”
That’s because in all five major regions of the country, only New York cracks the top three as having the most political corruption deutsch-türkisch wörterbuch kostenlos herunterladen. In three of those regions – the Northeast, Southeast, and Southwest/Mountain – New York comes in first. The Empire State still manages to grab second place on the West Coast only to California, and third in the Midwest eyes the horror game free download.
When it comes to party affiliation, only New York can bridge the divide between Democrats, Republicans and Independents. It tops the list for each party affiliation – 18% of Republicans, 10% of Democrats, and 11% of Independents relive videoen.
A press release explains:
No state has a monopoly on political corruption. But the latest national Monmouth University Poll found that a few do rise to the top – or bottom as it were java 6 kostenlosen. New York leads the list of states Americans view as having the most political corruption, while Texas tops the list of states having the least.
A small sampling of why New York is perceived to be the most corrupt state in the nation:
- Senate Majority leader, Dean Skelos (R), currently being investigated for corruption ist von youtube musiken legal.
- Former Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (D) indicted and arrested on corruption charges.
- Sexual harassment cases for Vito Lopez, Micah Kellner, and Dennis Gabryszak (D, D, D) prime video herunterladen.
- Eric Stevenson’s (D) corruption charges.
- Pedro Espada’s (D) conviction on theft charges and embezzlement.
- Indicted Senator John Sampson (D) asking Shirley Huntley to wield her influence to the benefit of a powerful businessman herunterladen.
- Shirley Huntley (D) used taxpayer money for spa treatments and fancy clothes … for her poodle.
- Malcolm Smith (D) trying to bribe his way onto the New York City Republican mayoral ballot.
- Nick Spano (R), convicted for tax evasion in 2012, fundraising for Governor Cuomo in 2014.
- And of course the upstate New York voter fraud trial that led to multiple Democrats being sentenced for their role in falsifying business documents and forgery.
These are just the most recent examples.
Aside from that, it’s a pretty great state to live in, don’t you think?