RUSH TRANSCRIPT:
>> Tucker: It’s hard to see why — I’m not vouching for Putin’s character, he seems like a shady guy, we want to live there. Hard to see why he’s a threat was. How many people can we be in opposition to it once? Why not just accept that people who are bad people have similar interests inside with them?
PETERS: “You sound like Charles Lindbergh in 1938 saying, ‘Hitler hasn’t attacked us.’”
CARLSON: “I beg your pardon? You cannot compare me to somebody who makes apologies for Hitler.”
>> I think Putin — fine, you can think it’s insane all you want.
>> Tucker: Just up compared me to a Nazi apologist because I asked the question. Which is, why not contravene American interest with a group trying to kill ISIS?
>> He assassinates dissidents and journalists, he bonds women and children on purpose in Syria, he is as bad as hitler. If you don’t like the Charles lindbergh — I will retract that, but you sound like someone in the 1938 saint what has he done to us?
>> Tucker: I would hate to go back and read your columns assuring America that taking out Saddam hussein will make the region calmer, more peaceful, and America safer, when in fact it has been the opposite and it has empowered Russia and Iran, the two countries you say you fear most — let’s be totally honest, we don’t always know the outcomes. They are not entirely protectable so maybe we should lower that a little bit rather than calling people accommodationist.
>> You made your career being an American conservative patriot and now you’re suddenly cheering for Vladimir Putin?
>> Tucker: I’m not in any sense cheering for Vladimir Putin. I’m cheering for America as always. Our interest ought to come first and to the extent that making temporary alliances with other countries serve our interests, I met in favor of that. Making sweeping moral claims comparing people to hitler blinds us to reality.
>> He hates America, he wants to hurt us. Suddenly her Vladimir is a good guy, Russia is okay, no it’s not.
>> Tucker: We cannot in any way do business or make common cause with a country whose leader is “Evil.” Most countries are won by really bad people.
>> You are talking about alliance, an anti-terror alliance.
>> Tucker: First avenue, cheering on any attacks made by Russia against our moral attack against ISIS. I’m not taking money from the guy, but a good date is a good deed no matter who commits it. Why not just admit that?
>> He’s attacking, he’s attacking the anti-assad.
>> Tucker: Do you speak arrogant by the way?
>> No I don’t. How is your Russian?
>> Tucker: Nonexistent, but I’m not claiming to talk about groups about whom I know very little, I bet you are in that category, saying that they are serving the interest of freedom or democracy or American interest — we know very little about them and some of them are truly bad people.
>> We are not backing the very bad people. Is he a good guy?
>> Tucker: I don’t know.
>> Tucker: Who we protected!
>> We are aligning with Iran, we are aligning with Assad.
>> Do you think Iran is good for American interest?
>> Tucker: I think Yvonne is a fat country in a lot of ways, but when it’s in the context of Syria, Assad was much better for America than the people I believe you hope to replace them with. The kurds are going to run Syria?
>> They will have their Independence. I’m not going to break it up.
>> Tucker: Does it work so in Iraq?
>> It hasn’t broken up get on the problem with Iraq wasn’t 2003 when we had the chance we didn’t break it up.
>> Tucker: We didn’t break it up. Last question, would you, knowing what you know now, I hate to revisit this, but since you brought it up, knowing what you know now that supposing Saddam, his subsequent death empowered Iran dramatically, we help them gain traction, do you think that was a wise idea and do you think there are any lessons going forward — maybe when you take out a secular legal?
>> That is a valid point you can make. In 2003 we did a great thing inexcusably badly. There’s a lot of reasons for it, we believe any Iraqi who spoke English with an accent — again, our intentions were great but if I had to do it over again, no I would not get rid of Saddam hussein because we hadn’t bought it through.
>> Tucker: You’re confident we’ve thought through what comes after Assad, who has run the country for decades, pretty peacefully actually?
>> Killing your own people probably doesn’t mean you should remain in charge. I’m not making apologies.
>> Tucker: I’m not.
>> It sounds like you are sitting here making apologies.
>> Tucker: ‘S will because I’m actual questions, — that is a conversation stopper, not a beginning of a rational conversation. My only point is when Syria was run by Assad 10% of the population was Christian and they lived in relative peace.
>> That is absolutely true and it’s also true that his father killed 30,000 more people, but what has happened? Let’s be fair, Barack Obama — who share trepidation, cowardice, the inability to ever make a decision, but we are where we are with half a million, perhaps more by no commissary instead. Primarily killed by the Assad regime, the Iranians, Hezbollah and now the Russians. And yet you want us to ally with the Russians, with Iran, with Assad?
>> Tucker: I want to act in America’s interest and stop making shallow, sweeping claims about countries we don’t fully understand and hope everything will be fine in the end. I saw that happen and it didn’t work.
>> You just did that!
>> Tucker: I’m not saying that. I’m saying if we don’t take actual steps to kill people who are threat was I’m going to stand back and applied.
>> Default in your logic is that Assad, the Russians are killing the anti-assad forces.
>> Tucker: You haven’t explained why Americans should be terrified by Iran or Assad. I think American should act in the interest of their own country, the number one job they have.
>> You couldn’t answer me on Putin so you seemed might change the subject. I want to know why you think Vladimir Putin is okay.
>> Tucker: I don’t think he’s okay, I think it’s great that he’s fighting ISIS.
>> You want a alliance with Russia.
>> Tucker: Fonseca license, unfortunately we are out of time.

Comments

comments