RUSH TRANSCRIPT:
>> Tucker: New York’s politicians say their city as a sanctuary for illegal aliens, but the NYPD a parent has its own ideas. New York City police have apparently been informing ice, the federal immigration authorities of the court dates of the local immigrants charged with crimes, thereby giving Isa information is to make arrests. Cofounder and deputy director of queen’s law associate. Describe that policy is quote outrageous. He joins us tonight. Thanks for coming on. But you’re welcome. Thank you for having me.
>> Tucker: ‘S was a pretty black-and-white story. Dave and Gonzales, an illegal alien, 51 years old. In 1999, he was convicted of sexual assault on a child and deported from this country. He stuck back in and last months, he was busted on the number seven train in a New York City subway molesting a woman. The NYPD brought a man and called ice so he could be deported again, here illegally and you say that’s outrageous. Tell me why.
ZENO: Okay. My opinion about it being outrageous is really based on the bigger picture as opposed to the individual client. Mayor de Blasio has gone on television and told New Yorkers that New York was a sanctuary city. That immigrants, all New Yorkers are safe and that we essentially have your back. And then what happens is, immigrants walk around and they think everything is safe and they’re okay and nobody’s going to turn them in to immigration, and then they get arrested and NYPD actually calls immigration from central booking and the outrageousness is really twofold.
>> Tucker: Stop there I want to make sure I have this straight. You’re saying is outrageous that Mary de Blasio doesn’t quote have the back of the convicted illegal alien sex offender who molested someone else on the subway. He should have his back?
>> Like I said, it’s not about an individual client, it’s about the bigger picture because were talking about —
>> Tucker: Were talking about an individual case, a real person.
>> Sure this actually happened. Were talking about government. Were talking about government agencies, talking about New York City police department, talking about New York City courts them.
>> You want to take it to an abstract level of 35,000 people pray about. This man wanted to bless the woman on the subway. He is in a convicted sex offender. You’re saying that Mary de Blasio should have back and shouldn’t be mean to the sky because why? Stick is not about being mean.
>> Tucker: About supporting him.
>> I’m not saying whether or not the mayor should have some his back or not.
>> Tucker: That’s what you just said.
>> I’m saying the Merrick said it. The mayor came on television set new yorkers, were all safe. Don’t worry. And in fact, they’re not. When they come to court, they are not safe. It’s not about whether it’s a secular level.
>> Tucker: Is about a guy called David Gonzales. I’m a public defender who handles 35,000 cases a year.
>> I get it.
>> Tucker: You want to make it about everybody, but you’re saying if you’re on the subway and got blessed by David Gonzales, what are you doing this country, how did he get back after being convicted of sexually assaulting a child? May be willing to let that’s unwelcome.
>> I might ask all of those things and not Simon individual person, I get it. I get the individual person is saying.
>> Tucker: But you can think about the individual because I mix it too complicated?
>> No. I can ask to think about the individual. I can understand an individual’s point of view them. They’re here, they’re illegal, they’re committing crime, you’re the police will come why can’t you make them leave? And got it. And I get that you want to continue to say their molesting children, their molesting children. When he actually did molest children.
>> One person molested a child, he was convicted of that. But it’s a bigger issue when you’re talking about government. You’re talking about a mayor, talking about a court system, talking about a police department. And you’re talking but a promise that we are a sanctuary city and in fact who, NYPD is calling immigration and turning these people in based on — let me finish. Based on what’s called an ncic report. That’s a report that gets attached to the end of a rap sheet and what comes on that report says things like this person has immigration issues, this person has deportation, this person is wanted for murder in Texas, this person was convicted of this or that or the other thing.
>> Tucker: You’re telling me it shouldn’t take that into account because why connect and to this question. How does that serve the interest of people who are here legally like American citizens like me or you or our children?
>> Here’s why we shouldn’t take the ncic report seriously because it is based on a name check and the date of birth. It’s not based on somebody’s fingerprints. It’s well, we think this guy might be —
>> Tucker: Nobody gets reported without a identity verification. When not grabbing people on the street and sending them out of the country. All those checks are done before they’re put on the plane back to wherever. This is not a real argument you’re making. Still that’s actually not true.
>> Tucker: The tragedy that took place to an individual. Because inconvenient to your argument. You’re never going to win anyone over until he can look the facts right in the face and respond to them.
>> I can look the facts in the face about this particular client. Like I said, however, when you were talking about the government and governmental agencies and talking about an entire city, you either say what you mean and mean what you say.
>> Tucker: Okay.
>> How about if you tell people that they’re safe and they come to court and they’re not, —
>> Tucker: Thanks for coming on tonight.