“One Gun With One Bullett”: More Evidence that NY Democrats Are Coming For the Second Amendment
Last week we showed you a Democrat wish list for gun control proposals, as presented by Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin. The list was given to McLaughlin by a colleague in the Senate, and includes a host of radical Second Amendment-trampling ideas, including the confiscation of so-called ‘assault weapons’, the re-labeling of semi-automatic shotguns as ‘assault weapons’, and the confiscation of magazines hosting 5 rounds or more.
More video clips from the debates leading up to the Governor’s over-reaching gun grab are surfacing, and there is clear evidence supporting the list presented by Mr. McLaughlin as reality.
Democrat proposals are so radical for example, that the following video clip not only backs up the wish list, but shows even further evidence.
In this clip, New York State Democrat Assemblyman from Westchester County, Tom Abinanti spoke during an Assembly Session on January 15th, and provided some very revealing statements.
Some of those statements (seen in the clip below) include:
- Abinanti explains that the bill could have been much worse. He practically runs down the list of proposals released by Assemblyman McLaughlin as evidence that the gun control bill could have been far stronger. He says the legislation is taking us to a safer place, but very slowly due to defects in the bill. Those defects are by omission in his view.
- He backs this up by issuing a challenge to his colleagues saying future legislation of his could say “none of these guns at all. Period.”
- He claims that he does not “wish to repeal the Second Amendment” rather, “just make it work for everyone.”
- Accuses civilians of “act(ing) like they’re in the middle of a war.”
- Abinanti is “tired of hearing about legal, lawful gun owners.”
Abinanti: “The reasonable gun owners that I talk to tell me they want one gun with one bullet. They’re going to lock themselves in their bedroom, and if that guy comes in that’s when they pull the trigger.”
Apparently Mr. Abinanti has never heard of a situation where more than one criminal breaks into a home, or assaults an innocent civilian.