A new report from the House Select Committee on Benghazi shows beyond a doubt that the Obama administration, including then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, engaged in a cover up of the terrorist attack that was most certainly aimed at aiding the president’s reelection.

Claims that the attack was sparked by an obscure anti-Muslim YouTube video were provably false from the onset, yet the administration continued to run with the narrative on multiple occasions.

The report demonstrates that the narrative was crafted by Obama appointees even as Ambassador Christopher Stevens remained missing, and did not vaguely reflect eyewitness reports on the ground or real-time updates being provided by Americans under attack.

Eyewitnesses reported hearing “some kind of chanting” before dozens of people rushed the compound armed with an assortment of “AK-47s, grenades, RPG’s … a couple of different assault rifles,” suggesting a coordinated attack.

Stevens, Ty Woods, Glen Doherty, and Sean Smith all perished in the attack.

Via Fox News:

The claim that the fatal 2012 Benghazi terrorist attacks were sparked by an anti-Muslim video was crafted in Washington by Obama administration appointees and reflected neither eyewitness nor real-time reports from the Americans under siege, according to the final report of the GOP-led Benghazi Select Committee.

Five days later, then-United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice went on every national Sunday talk show. She told Fox News Sunday, “What sparked the recent violence was the airing on the Internet of a very hateful, very offensive video that has offended many people around the world.”

The GOP committee report also identified for the first time a White House meeting that was convened roughly three hours into the attack and included deputies to senior Cabinet members and Clinton.

Stevens was missing at the time. But the report found “much of the conversation focused on the video (which) is surprising given no direct link or solid evidence existed connecting the attacks in Benghazi and the video at the time ….”

The report found that “five of the 10 action items from the rough notes of the 7:30pm meeting reference the video.”

Obama administration officials were concocting their YouTube narrative while the attack was ongoing, then relaying those lies to the public several days later.

Clinton was the first to do so, issuing the administration’s lone statement that night which read in part “Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet.”

That same night she sent an e-mail to her daughter which revealed the truth, telling Chelsea “Two of our officers were killed in Benghazi by an Al Queda-like [sic] group.”

Clinton’s lies to the public didn’t end there, especially when it came to updating the families of the victims.

 

Four separate family members have corroborated stories that Clinton blamed the video.  Upon meeting those family members at Andrews Air Force Base on Sept 14, 2012, Clinton told the following about the video:

Patricia Smith (Sean Smith’s mother), Michael Ingmire (Sean Smith’s uncle), Kate Quigley (Glen Doherty’s sister), and Charles Woods (Tyrone Woods’ father).

Woods’ father kept handwritten notes from his meeting with Clinton.  Those notes read in part:

“We are going to have the filmmaker arrested who was responsible for the death of your son.”

When the Weekly Standard’s Stephen Hayes spoke with the elder Woods, he said “I remember those words: ‘who was responsible for the death of your son.’ She was blaming him and blaming the movie.”

After her testimony before Congress earlier this year, Ingmire referred to Clinton as a “serial liar” and “definitely incompetent.”

“Hillary Clinton is a serial liar,” Ingmire told Fox News host Sean Hannity after the hearing.  She “really has a difficult time maintaining a consistent level of truth.”

He added that if Hillary isn’t complicit, “she’s definitely incompetent, and neither’s a personality trait [that] really belongs in the office of the president.”

Rep. Jim Jordan accused the president’s administration of orchestrating an elaborate lie to the American people because of his desire to hold onto power.

“The evidence shows, and shows rather strongly, that they mislead the American people and said ‘we can’t tell the truth,'” Jordan told CNN. “‘We can’t talk about how the security situation was. We can’t talk about the fact that this was a terrorist attack. We have to mislead the American people because we are just eight weeks before an election, this was supposed to be our legacy.'”