Democrat: Please Don’t Release That Document Showing We Actually Do Want to Confiscate Guns
Late last night, New York Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin, one of the few Republicans with a strong enough spine to stand up to the new gun legislation, released the following statement on his Facebook page.
Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential.
This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:
In the video clip (seen below), McLaughlin is prepared to discuss a list of original proposals from the Democrats regarding gun control. The list, much in the same vein that Governor Cuomo himself had discussed, actually proposed the confiscation of guns and clips
In the video, McLaughlin is speaking to Democrat Assemblyman Joseph Lentol. Here is the transcript:
McLaughlin: … Something that we received from the Senate, Democrat proposals in this gun bill. And I don’t know if you’ve seen this, or if you know that these are there or not.
Lentol: Well we don’t have our own list of rejected proposals, that the Senate rejected, so I don’t have anything to show you.
McLaughlin: Okay. Alright, then I won’t address it then if you haven’t seen it. I’ll leave that one alone. Okay, thank you, Joe. Appreciate it.
Lentol: And by the way, I would recommend not to have that list shared because it has the capacity to dampen the enthusiasm of compromise.
McLaughlin: Well, it sure does when we talk about the confiscation of assault weapons. It absolutely has the ability to dampen a compromise.
The list of proposals that Democrats would rather you didn’t see, can be seen below.
1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
2. Confiscation of ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be released to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons